A working model of a classic Beam Engine. This fascinating model shows how machinery used to be driven by steam. It incorporates the Watts linkage that enabled him to make the steam locomotive.
Confident level Timberkits require a little bit more skill and patience making them more satisfying when complete.
Automata kits are ingenious and fascinating combinations of wooden parts and mechanical linkages. Supplied as a kit of parts with assembly diagrams and glue; building each model is an education and the result is wonderfully entertaining. The kits are a joy to make for all ages from 9 to 90 years; younger children can get involved with adult help.
All the wooden parts come from sustainable forestry and are fully machined with no further need for specialist tools.
Finished model dimensions: Width: 220mm, Height: 210mm, Depth: 130mm.
- Have fun building this wooden mechanical model.
- A working wooden model of a classic Beam Engine
- Great way to learn about cams and linkages.
- All wooden construction, no additional tools required.
- Paint or decorate if desired.
- For all ages, 9 years to 90 years
- Confident level kits require a little more skill and patience.
- All kits include assembly diagrams and glue.
There is no cutting and drilling and the kit, comes with everything you need: glue, wax to lubricate the moving parts and we even supply the paint (and brush) to add an extra dimension and make the model come alive.
There are no reviews yet.